Session 1—The Marketing Assessment: How to Analyze Companies, Forecast Potential and Align Expectations
(Now Available On-Demand)
The Client Services Series is an interactive seven-part webinar event built for agency leaders and professionals who are looking to thrive in account management, retention and growth. Sessions dive into the planning, execution and evolution of an integrated marketing campaign for a hypothetical B2B software account — Social Business Unlimited (SBU).
Session 1 Highlights and Details
The strength of your agency is directly related to your ability to retain and grow the right accounts. Loyal clients lead to higher retention rates, greater profit margins, more predictable cash flow and stronger referrals.
Your agency's success starts with the marketing assessment. Every element of an organization, as it relates to marketing, can be divided into assets, neutrals and escalators. By evaluating and scoring these elements, you can forecast a client's potential, set realistic expectations, and allocate time, money and talent.
If your agency can properly assess leads and new clients, it can better determine services and pricing, establish performance benchmarks, and define integrated marketing plans.
Session 1 demonstrates how to utilize subjective assessments — from the viewpoint of internal client stakeholders — to create a strong partnership foundation, reduce client turnover rates, and increase performance and profitability. We'll analyze Social Business Unlimited's Marketing Score report to identify strengths, flag weaknesses and threats, define foundational projects, and finalize an integrated service package.
In this 60-minute session, we'll cover how to:
- Conduct discovery research.
- Perform a Net Marketing Score assessment.
- Assess and classify factors as assets, neutrals and escalators.
- Analyze opportunities.
- Identify weaknesses and threats.
- Forecast potential.
- Agree on key metrics that will drive agency efforts.
- Define foundational projects, including brand, website and marketing technologies.
- Provide preliminary strategic recommendations.
- Construct the service package, pricing and contract.
- Determine the agency account team.
- Establish clear and realistic expectations.
- Set a tone of transparency and trust.
Learn More About The Client Services Series
- Session 1 — The Marketing Assessment: How to Analyze Companies, Forecast Potential and Align Expectations: On-Demand
- Session 2 —The Scorecard: How to Build a Customized Marketing Performance Dashboard: On-Demand
- Session 3 — The GamePlan: How to Connect Agency Services to Audiences and Metrics that Matter: On-Demand
- Session 4 — The Honeymoon: How to Mix Builders and Drivers (Q1): On-Demand
- Session 5 — The Reality: How to Make the Partnership Work through the Ups and Downs (Q2): On-Demand
- Session 6 — The Tipping Point: How to Adapt and Evolve at a Critical Stage in the Client Lifecycle (Q3): On-Demand
- Session 7 — The Renewal: How to Solidify the Relationship and Focus on Long-Term Growth (Q4): On-Demand
Learn More About Marketing Score
Marketing Score is a free assessment tool and marketing intelligence engine powered by PR 20/20 that can help agencies evaluate their leads and clients. Now in public beta, use it to more accurately assess your lead or client's foundation, reach, expectations and potential, and put in place strategies that can drive success. We’ve heard some incredible feedback already from agencies that have used Marketing Score as part of their business development processes.